Jesus commanded us, as we’re going through life, regardless of where that is, to make disciples. He promised us that the Holy Spirit would empower us to be His witnesses, whether in our neighborhood or in the nations. Missions are important because it’s one practical way we can obey what Jesus has called us to do!
Through Grace Chapel’s partnership with Lamuel Victor in India, we were able to help them, make improvements to two houses of prayer, where they meet and teach the Gospel. Funds were used, to build a kitchen, to help feed poor children and families in the slums, who have been struggling, due to Covid - 19.
Through our partnership with New Hope Mission International, you've provided resources to the seven New Hope pastors we work with so they could meet pressing needs of children, families, and the elderly, in their community, while the country was locked down due to Covid 19.
Each year teams from our High School and Young Adults Ministry and other men’s and women’s teams have partnered with Brian and Rochelle Ray in Mexico. These teams have served the Grace Chapel Navajoa church family, ministered in a local Federal women’s prison, and in a number of small villages around Navajoa. Last year’s Hands of Grace donations helped the church construct a needed adult equipping classroom, and handicap ramp to make the main church building accessible.
Since 2011, Josiah’s House in the Dominican Republic, has rescued orphans and abused children off the streets, provided education and a safe Christian environment to grow, and two areas in the Dominican Republic. Julio Valdez, the director, and Grace Chapel missionary Donna Boone, serve full time with children, and now young adults raised in these homes to give them a hope for the future. We’ve helped Julio meet special needs that fall outside their monthly budget, like celebrating birthdays, and honoring the staff and house parent. Grace Chapel teams have helped with the construction needs at Josiah’s House and, provide training to the wonderful caregivers who are called to be house parents.
Hands of grace
Your giving will empower leaders in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, South Sudan, India, Mexico, and Ukraine to be a blessing to those they serve, by providing resources to purchase what their greatest needs are: personal hygiene supplies, undergarments, educational support, and food.
For the last 10+ years Grace Chapel has worked in South Sudan, in a small village called Jalle that had been decimated by years of civil war and flooding from the Nile River. We’ve also worked closely with a leper colony in Malek, on the Nile River. Last year we provided resources to the pastor in Jalle to help feed, educate and disciple 300+ school children, many of whom are orphans. We’ve assisted the pastor in Malek to provide food during the ongoing famine there, and to help construct “hospice rooms” for the elderly lepers to live out their final days.
Grace Chapel is currently working with our partner MusicWorks International/ServeUkraine to collect and distribute funds to those in need in Ukraine.
To Give now to Ukraine Click Here
I'm interesting in going on a Missions Trip.
If you are interested in learning how you can apply to participate in a Grace Chapel mission trip, you will need to contact Pastor Myron Goodwin at his email, email@example.com.
The following guidelines factor into team selection. The first seven are required; the last three are preferred.
- Have a valid US Passport with an expiration date at least 6 months after trip return date
- Schedule a meeting with Pastor Myron Goodwin.
- CLICK HERE to download a Mission Trip Application to complete and submit.
- CLICK HERE to download a Liability Release Form to complete and submit.
- Submit a deposit check for $300.00 payable to Grace Chapel along with your application and a photocopy of your passport.
- Pay full trip balance of land fees prior to a first-team meeting, 30 days from departure.
- Purchase your airline ticket per the team travel itinerary.
- Complete Welcome to Grace Chapel Class.
- Be active in serving in a Volunteer Ministry at Grace Chapel.
- Participate in, lead, or host a Life Group.
You are responsible for raising the land fees for a trip. (This is discussed in the Mission Trip Info class.)
- A $300.00 deposit is due with the application. The final balance is due 30 days before the team leaves.
- You are responsible for purchasing your round-trip airline ticket per the team travel itinerary to ensure you're on the same flights.
- All donations are made out to Grace Chapel and GIVEN DIRECTLY TO YOU. (You turn them into the team leader).
- Donations from friends to Grace Chapel for your trip are eligible for a tax donation receipt.
- Donations you make to Grace Chapel for your trip are NOT eligible for a tax donation receipt.
- Start raising funds NOW using the ideas from your meeting with Pastor Myron Goodwin.
Prices quoted for land fees are approximate and subject to change.
- Dates posted are also subject to change based on lodging availability and airline flights.
- Land fees include: Inland travel once in the country, room and board, translator meals, transit to lodging if needed, trip insurance, COVID testing, and ministry project funds.
- Land fees DO NOT include: Funds for your round trip airline ticket, personal items, US Passport (that is valid within six months of return date), entry/exit taxes, food items/meals bought in airports. These items are the responsibility of the individual.
Have questions? Our team can help